Monday, November 11, 2013

Having My Own Voice

Having My Own Voice

I woke up this morning with my thoughts swirling like a merry-go-round.  What have I done? I’ve started this blog and I am writing very personal things in it. What was I thinking? I really shouldn’t be doing this. I found myself asking the Good Shepherd, did I really hear you right? Am I making a fool out of myself? Is this really something you are leading me to do? Later that morning I notice a page I like on Facebook had a new post. 

The post was describing how so many of us live life worried about what everyone else thinks and that we have to realize that when we come to end of our life we are NOT going to stand before people to give an account of our lives. We are going to stand before God. He is not going to ask us why didn’t you fit into other peoples molds? Or why didn’t you take their opinions? He is going to ask, Did you become who I created you to be? Did you stay true to what I put in your heart? WOW! Then it when on to talk about Saul and how he disobeyed the Lord’s instructions because he was afraid of the people. He was so insecure that he let people squeeze him into their mold. He was afraid he was going to disappoint somebody. DOUBLE WOW!!

With that staring me in the face and my best friend telling me courage is doing hard things when you’re scared; do I still need a brick to hit me along side the head to realize that this is what He is asking me to do?  I hope not! One of my friends posted a comment on my blog the other day. She said, “He doesn’t like us getting in a comfort zone at all. But that’s where we grow the most!” Meaning it’s when we are out of our comfort zone we grow the most.
I do have fear and uncertainty as I venture into this new chapter of my life. 

I was reading an article by John Morton about Overcoming Fear through Trust In God. He was saying that “often the only way to resolve what’s next for you in your life, regardless of how intimidated you might feel, is to simple do what’s next… in new situations you may feel intimidated, you may second guess yourself… you may doubt yourself and focus on fear… the reality is you haven’t been in that situation before and you must go forward, placing your trust and faith in God with what’s next for you… allow the awe of the spirit to come forward and be your strength and inspiration.”

As I move forward I encourage all of you reading this to not be afraid to move forward in whatever fear is keeping you from doing. When we make a decision to overcome our fears we are being true to who we really are. The truth of who we are challenges our limitations and fears. 

Even with my fears I am making a choice to trust in the Good Shepherd.
I am going to overcome my fear by claiming, “I trust you Good Shepherd!”




9 comments:

  1. I've seen courage in you all along...you are beginning to see you the way I've seen you for years! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this post to Breana last night because she is having trouble with some kids at school. She liked what you said about not worrying about what other people what you to be, all that matters is you become the person God is molding you to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle, my heart hurts anytime a child is having trouble with others at school especially my granddaughter! Tell Breana Nana loves her and is praying for her everyday! I love you too!

      Delete
  3. I have enjoyed reading these post for you. They are not only insightful, but it brings a transparency that I believe shows people not only your strength but allows for others with similar circumstances to find their strength.

    With your permission, I would like to link this blog to my other blog to spread the word about your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for posting Scott! It means a lot to me what you and Danielle think. You have my permission to link this blog with your blog. Love you son!

      Delete
  4. Ooooh, Beck Beck! How you have blessed me today! You go get 'em, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the encouragement Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't be like me and wait for God's 2x4 (or brick) to keep you from being who God wants you to be. I love you and I am proud to have you as my wife and best friend. You have a wonderful, tender and courageous heart.

    ReplyDelete