Friday, November 08, 2013

Trying To Find My Writing Voice



I have been wrestling with myself for a few years about starting my own blog, but kept thinking what do I have to write that anyone else would want to read? There is a lot of stuff in my head, but can I get it out on paper; and if I did, would anyone really want to read it? Mixed in those thoughts is also the fear of failing at something, especially when others would know about it.
       
 I came across an article when searching on how to start a blog and read about someone who asked blogger Jon Acuff “How do I find my writing voice?” His answer was simply, “You write.” He went on to say, “The only way to find your writing voice is to write. Fear will tell you that you must have your writing voice figured out before you write. Fear is a liar. Don’t let fear tell you to wait for your writing voice to show up first. It only shows up after you’ve started.”


So this blog is simply going to be me trying to find my writing voice and seeing if it shows up. My heart hurts and is overflowing with compassion all at the same time for others! My hope in writing this blog is to try and show others the Good Shepherds heart through the eyes of my struggles and triumphs on my journey through this life.

3 comments:

  1. I am thankful to be on the journey with you! I love you, and am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Too Susan! I really believe I would have never made it through the first part of my journey if you had not been by my side encouraging me all the way. And praying for me.

    ReplyDelete